Primary School Teacher
We are looking for a qualified and enthusiastic Year 1 teacher.
- Teach primary level students using the Cambridge International Curriculum
- Create lesson plans using supplementary materials for extra-curricular classes such as music, art, and physical education.
- Submit weekly lesson plans in a timely manner before practical instruction.
- Manage your class independently under the supervision of the headmaster and a mentor teacher.
- Supervise students on field trips.
- Assist the headmaster and mentor teacher with facilitating district-wide seminars
- Participate in professional development workshops outside of class time both through online classes and at school.
- Arrive prepared to weekly teacher meetings.
- Communicate effectively with international parents via phone, email, and parent-teacher conferences.
- Observe, record, report, and manage student behaviour in and outside of the classroom.
- Teacher qualifications from an accredited Tanzanian teacher’s college or university
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, email, and internet research
- Experience teaching at international schools an advantage
- Open to new ideas and teaching methods
- Willingness to learn, be challenged, and show initiative
- Minimum commitment of 1 year required
Application Deadline: June 15th 2018
To apply for this position, send your resume to Macrina Mrukwamba at email@example.com